Are you looking for the best kitchen tap to install in your Kitchen? Consider choosing a kitchen faucet that matches your modern kitchen design. This article is a guide to Kitchen mixer taps and how to choose the best to match the unique features in your kitchen.
Kitchen taps are one of the most used equipment in a household on a daily basis. Their uses range from washing fruits and vegetables, washing dishes, filling in the kettle, and washing hands. One should therefore be critical when selecting a tap for your kitchen.
What is a kitchen mixer tap?
A Kitchen mixer tap is one that combines hot and cold water, providing the required water temperature to perfectly suit your needs. With an expansive range of monobloc kitchen taps from trusted brands, you will find the one to complement the style of your kitchen. Select from a wide array of spout types, handle types and colours.
Find Out: Prices of kitchen sink taps in Uganda
Types of Kitchen Mixer Taps
Take a close look at each of these types of kitchen taps and learn which one of them might be right for you.
Single Lever Mixer Taps (Monobloc)
Single-lever Kitchen mixer taps are popularly used in kitchens today. The hot and cold water supplies of this tap are connected under the sink to the mixer valve. One hole is cut into the countertop or sink to allow for the monobloc to pop through.
Swing the tap handle to either side to make the water hot or colder. The single handle controls the water pressure by lifting it up. It may also have a pull-out nozzle that replaces the old spray hose tap, this nozzle helps to rinse out the sink.
Advantages of Single Lever Mixer Taps
- A single control handle for hot and cold water makes this mixer tap easy to use. All you have to do is turn the handle to either side.
- Uses less water; there is no need to draw water for boiling using other heating methods
Disadvantages of Single Lever Mixer Taps
- Can be more expensive than non-mixer cold water kitchen taps. You have to pay a little bit more to enjoy this experience.
- The temperature of the water is affected by flow changes from either side of the tap.
Twin Lever Mixer Taps (Monobloc)
Twin-lever kitchen mixer taps are characterized by a single-hole tap on a kitchen sink with a lever on each side of the pillar. The separate handles control either the hot or cold water supply which then combines in the spout to deliver a nice even flow of water. The neck of the tap swings to each side for ease of use. It may include a pull-out nozzle but is more likely to have a fixed nozzle.
Advantages of Twin Lever Mixer Taps
- So many or a wide range of models are made with the twin lever design. Easy to buy and find on the market
Disadvantages of Twin Lever Mixer Taps
- Uses more water compared to the single-lever mixer taps
- Regular adjustments to the tap are needed to the lever settings to avoid loose fittings
3-way kitchen mixer taps
3-way kitchen mixer taps distribute hot, cold and filtered water from the same tap head. Elements 0f a 3-way mixer tap include the following:
- The Three water inlets for hot, cold water and filtered water are all connected to a water filter system under the sink.
- Two handles to mix cold and hot from one side (first lever) and deliver filtered water from the other side (second lever).
- One spout with dual chambers on the inside (so no cross-contamination between the hot/cold mains water and filtered water).
What are the advantages of a 3-way mixer Tap?
Here are some of the benefits of a 3-way kitchen mixer tap
- Water temperature control is attained by operating a single tap. It saves time and prevents wasting water while one tries to get the temperature right.
- Easy to install, three-way kitchen taps are set into one single tap, this makes it easy to install, and in some cases can be installed as a DIY job.
- These taps come in plenty of beautiful designs, finishes and colours. You can choose a vintage or classical design, or a modern design to match your kitchen aesthetic.
- They are Economical since setting the right temperature is easier and faster with mixer taps, so wasting of water is avoided.
What are the Disadvantages of 3-kitchen mixer taps
The 3-way kitchen tap; may not be the best choice for everyone. Here is how;
- An issue with 3-way kitchen mixer taps is that some of them don’t work with certain filter brands.
- Pricey cost;3-way kitchen mixer taps cost more than standard filter models. But they are also more innovative and have more benefits than a standard water filter, so it might be worth the extra money for most people.
- It is a bit confusing to some people As there is only one tap, some people in the household might find it hard to use a 3-way tap.
- Next Read: What is a Kitchen Sink Undermount?