Starting your own online kitchenware business can be intimidating. The kitchen and cookware industry has seen a growing number of online food hubs, orders and deliveries over the last few years in Uganda. Here is how to start an online Kitchenware Business in Uganda
Selling kitchen supplies online is best for social media platforms which attract a lot of users and the right audience for your kitchenware. Young people purchasing kitchen supplies after they move out of their parent’s house, straight out of campus
6 Tips for building a kitchenware business online
Below are 6 tips that will help you how to start an online Kitchenware Business in Uganda
- Building a kitchen brand online is dependent on your ability to connect with audiences of a particular niche and deliver them something that they can’t get from major kitchen supplies stores. This means creating interesting social media content and delivering it to your selected niche as ads and posts.
- At the beginning stages of your business, you need to focus more on building an online presence to make more sales. Get your audience talking about your products and sharing your content on their social media feeds.
- Focus on content that markets the benefits of your products rather than marketing the product itself. Create strategic Gifs testing the benefits of household kitchenware in a way that is fun and practical to the user.
- Find an audience for your online business. The largest market for kitchenware in Uganda is the young people from the age of 20 to 50, most especially university students and the elite working class, in urban areas like Kampala. Social media handles like Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter and Instagram should be put to use
- Explore pages, profiles and hashtags that are relevant to your audience and niche. Emphasize keywords in relation to your niche that will attract you very many customers. Take the time to understand what kind of content your audience enjoys the most.
- Invest time in being creative with your pictures and videos. The pictures, videos, and GIFs that you use for marketing should be interesting enough for people to want to watch them.
One way to do online kitchenware business easily is by drop shipping. Are you familiar with the concept of drop-shipping?
What is Drop-Shipping?
Dropshipping is an order fulfilment method where the business owner doesn’t keep the products it sells in stock, but Instead, purchases inventory as needed by the customer from a third party (usually a wholesaler or manufacturer) to fulfil orders his orders.
The supplies are then shipped directly from the manufacturer or wholesaler to the customer of a drop shipper. In this way, all costs to do with handling, storage and risks of stocking the inventory are avoided.
The advantages of drop-shipping business include; less upfront capital required at the start, and no costs related to, directly and indirectly, handling stock, but it faces challenges such as low-profit margins, supplier errors in shipping etc.
How does drop shipping Kitchenware Work?
Drop-shipping kitchenware is a low-cost and low-risk business venture. you will only be purchasing a stock for the sales that you have already made. the cost of goods sold will always be lower than your profits. Prices for kitchen supplies can vary a lot, but since you’re likely going after people who don’t want to purchase from larger stores – it’s good to keep the costs low.
What nature of kitchenware should be sold Online?
The product that you should focus on should be fun and practical for your users. Products that are fun to use will attract a number of impulse buyers. On the hand, kitchenware products that are practical will ensure that you get consistent sales over a long period of time.
Best kitchenware products that you choose to sell online should preferably be a combination of both fun and practical, with a number of functions that differ from the traditional cookware types and sets.
Unique product qualities and uses of kitchenware sets like different spoon sets and their unique uses could be emphasized