Do you love your salad like I do, a colourful and mouth-watering salad from the look of it is something I look forward to in all my meals. The savoury roasted carrot salad recipe is one you should not make try out. It is flavourful and delicious. If you are still hung up on your steamed salad, here is another salad that will leave you thankful to God for the wonderful gift of carrots.
Carrots as we have seen in my previous write up all about carrots have been in existence for about 5,000 years according to history and do exist in several colours like orange, white, yellow and purple. For the purpose of the savoury roasted carrot recipe we shall be using the common sweet orange carrot.
How long does it take to roast carrots?
It will take you 20 minutes only to roast your carrots in the oven. If your oven is slow and old, it will take you about 30 minutes.
Should I peel the carrots?
Peeling the carrots or not peeling them will be your choice. If you are not okay with eating the peels of your carrots then peel them off neatly. If you love the peels as much as you love the carrots, then wash and scrub them clean under running water. But the flavour of peeled carrots is lovely.
Ingredients for Savoury Roasted Carrot Recipe
1 kg carrots washed and peeled
1/3 cup butter
3 tablespoons honey
4 garlic cloves minced
1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt plus more for seasoning
2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
2 tablespoons of fresh chopped thyme
Step By Step Process for the Savoury Roasted Carrot Recipe
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a large baking tray sheet with butter/ margarine or spray it with non stick cooking oil spray lightly
- Trim the ends of your carrots with a sharp knife and cut into thirds, diagonal cuts will make your carrots even look better
- Melt the cooking butter in a cooking pan. Pour in honey and stir until the butter has completely melted. Add the garlic and keep stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the carrots and keep stirring for a minute. Season with salt and black pepper
- Transfer the carrots to a baking sheet; arrange them evenly so that they all can receive the heat.
- Roast the carrots for 20 minutes
- Transfer the carrots back to the skillet and simmer it in the sauce for 5 minutes
- Garnish your carrots with parsley and thyme.
- Serve with your favorite foods
Note roasting carrots in the oven will bring out their natural sweetness and is a healthy way of cooking.
How should I store my roasted carrots?
Place your carrots in an airtight container and place them in the fridge. They will have a life span of 4-5 days after roasting and stored in the fridge.
VERITIES OF ROOSTED CARROTS
1) Basic Roasted Carrots
These are basic not because of their taste but fewer ingredients and methods are used in the preparation. Toss the chopped carrots into vegetable oil, salt, and black pepper. Then Bake them until they’re golden on the edges and tender.
2) Spiced Roasted Carrots
Do you love spicy food? Why not have some spicy carrots as well. The process will be the same as that of the basic carrots above. The difference will be the addition of fairly large amounts of chilli powder and ground cinnamon to the olive oil and salt
3) Honey Butter Roasted Carrots
This is the process I have explained above. You will not fail to fall in love with this carrot recipe. Serve these carrots on more special occasions and family gatherings. But there is simply nothing in the world that is going to stop you from making every day special. Spoil yourself all the way.